Security and Encryption
Encrypted Transponder product in a compact 1U chassis offering remote data center connectivity security for Government, Financial institutes, Cloud service providers and ISP.
PacketLight security and encryption products address three major issues of optical link security:
Confidentiality- preventing disclosure of information to unauthorized parties
- Data integrity- ensuring that the message has not been altered
- Authentication- validating that both parties involved are indeed who they claim to be
PacketLight PL-1000TE-Crypto is a multi-rate, multi-service Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing transponder (DWDM) supporting cryptographic encryption capabilities for 40G, 10G, 1G Ethernet data and 4, 8, 10, 16G FC storage services. With this capability, PacketLight PL-1000TE-Crypto provides added security benefit to DWDM links by encrypting the data passing between the sites.
On the data plane PacketLight PL-1000TE cryptography performs layer-1 AES-256 encryption to full bandwidth passing services. The encryption provides end-to-end transparency of data and clock with a low latency of less than 12usec for 10GE.
On the management plane, PacketLight PL-1000TE-Crypto supports the secured management protocols HTTPS, SSH, SNMPv3 and RADIUS, roll based user password and firewall. The PL-1000TE-Crypto also detects degradation in the fiber link performance for automatic detection of tapping attempt.
- 8 Encrypted Transponders in a compact 1U chassis, supporting the latest encryption over fiber standards
- Supports the following client service types:
Data: 1G, 10G, 40G Ethernet
Storage: 4G, 8G, 10G, 16G FC
- High end Encryption core:
GCM- AES-256 Layer-1 data encryption
Periodical Diffie Hellman key exchange
Configurable period of up to 1 minute
Complies with NIST FIPS-140-2
Level 2 and NSA Suite B requirements
- Uses pluggable SFP/SFP+ optics for both service and uplinks
- Supports full C-Band Tunable DWDM Line sides (SFP/SFP+)
- Optional integrated EDFAs, Mux/Demux and Optical Switch modules
Not sure? Call our Engineering Team