What is uberAgent?
uberAgent is a Splunk agent for Windows end-user computing.
DNA Connect is the authorised distributor for uberAgent in Australia and New Zealand.
It does not just collect data – it gives you the information that matters. Other monitoring products rely on the
performance counters built into Windows.
uberAgent has its own metrics, covering key aspects of user experience and application performance.
uberAgent tells you everything you need to know about physical PCs, virtual desktops, Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop or
VMware Horizon View without affecting your systems’ user density. Whether it’s SBC, VDI or RDS: uberAgent covers
uberAgent stands out from the crowd because it is not another me-too product, but gives administrators the information
they actually need to improve user experience.
uberAgent’s high-quality metrics include detailed logon duration and application launch performance, to name just
two. But that is not all: uberAgent is built on a powerful platform, Splunk, which makes it possible to enrich
uberAgent’s data with information from arbitrary other sources (think filers, firewalls, anything) and generate
true operational intelligence.
Benefits of uberAgent
- Tells you exactly about everything relevant to user experience
- Helps you identify trends that otherwise would have gone unnoticed
- Simplifies troubleshooting by showing you what you need to know in one place
- Shows you which applications are used when
- Makes help desk and IT operations more effective
- Supports IT pros with information they need for deep troubleshooting
- Makes physical and virtual environments (VDI) comparable
- Provides rich information vital for information security
Tired of deciphering cryptic process names?, Mostly yes!
Process names are for machines, application names are for humans.
uberAgent's automatic application identification does not require configuration - and it even works with App-V, Java
and Metro/Universal Windows applications.
uberAgent not only tells you if your logon times are good or bad.
- Exactly where the time is spent
- Is it the user profile loading slowly?
- Has the logon script become too big?
- Is Group Policy being processed efficiently?
Network Latency Per Application
Oftentimes when applications are performing badly the root cause is an overloaded backend server. Such issues are
hard to diagnose.
uberAgent makes it a lot easier by showing you how much data was transferred to which backend service and exactly
how long that took.
Application UI Performance
Application performance as perceived by end users is crucial for user experience.
uberAgent can measure;
- Application UI latency- tells you how long it takes applications to react to user input
- Application UI unresponsiveness - tracks when application UIs are not responding to user input
RDS Session Footprint
When sizing an SBC farm (e.g. Citrix XenApp, VMware Horizon) you need reliable data about RAM, CPU and disk usage
per user session.
Such data can be hard to come by. With uberAgent it is but a dashboard away.
uberAgent easily answers questions like these;
- How many licenses do we need for application X?
- How many applications do we have in total?
- Which applications need to go into the base image?
- Which apps are candidates for application virtualization?
Browser Performance – per Website
Browsers have become operating systems of their own. It is no longer sufficient to gather performance data for the
browser as a whole.
When Internet Explorer’s CPU usage is high, administrators need to understand what caused that. Is it the business-critical
ERP site or are people just watching fun videos on YouTube?
System Boot Performance
Boot duration is often equivalent to the number of disk IOs – if you want fast boots you need to reduce the IO count.
And uberAgent shows you just what you need to know to do that.
As it becomes more and more common to utilize the GPU for effects, video decoding and even general-purpose computing
administrators need a tool that helps them understand exactly how their applications make use of GPU acceleration
in order to optimally size the hardware for the workload. uberAgent is that tool.
Call Us to Find the Right uberAgent Solution for Your Application
Gain valuable insight to uberAgent solutions, technology and their latest developments.