Meshlium Xtreme - Scanner AP
For scanning Wifi, Bluetooth devices including mobile phones.
Meshlium Xtreme scanner allows detection of iPhone and Android devices and any device which works with WiFi or Bluetooth interfaces.
These devices can be detected without the need of being connected to a specific Access Point, enabling the detection of any smartphone, laptop or hands-free device which comes into the coverage area of Meshlium Xtreme Scanner.
The Meshlium Xtreme scanner captures the sensor data which comes from the Wireless Sensor Network (WSN) made with
Waspmote sensor devices.
The collected data can be send to the Internet by using the Ethernet, and 3G/GPRS connectivity
Clients can also connect to Meshlium via Wifi with laptops and smart phones and get access to the Internet (as
a common Access Point).
Waspmotes with GPRS, GPRS+GPS, 3G or WiFi can send sensor information through the access point or through the Internet via
An application of Meshlium Xtreme scanner in real-time environment is monitoring shopping & street activity and vehicle traffic monitoring which measures the amount of people and cars which are
present in a certain point at a specific time, allowing the study of the evolution of the traffic congestion
of pedestrians and vehicles.
Users have to do nothing to be detected as the WiFi and Bluetooth radios integrated in their smartphones (mobile, hands-free and cell phones) periodically send a "hello!" message telling about their presence.
The information read from each user contains;
- The MAC address of the wireless interface, which allows to identify it uniquely.
- The strength of the signal (RSSI), which gives us the average distance of the device from the scanning point.
- The vendor of the smartphone (Apple, Samsung, etc)
- The WiFi Access Point where the user is connected (if any) and the Bluetooth friendly name. Users not connected
to an AP will be showed as "free users".
- The Class of Device (CoD) in case of Bluetooth which allows us to differentiate the type of device (smartphone,
handsfree, computer, LAN/network AP). With this parameter we can differentiate among pedestrians and vehicles.
The coverage areas may be modified by changing the power transmission of the radio interfaces allowing the creation
of different scanning zones from a few meters (in order to study an specific point) to dozens of meters (to study
the whole street or even the entire floor of a shopping mall).
Gain business intelligence by measuring people and cars to enhance user experience in shopping areas and roads using Meshlium Xtreme Scanner AP .
Applications related to Shopping and Street activities;
- Number of people passing daily in a street
- Average time of the stance of the people in a street
- Differentiate between residents (daily matches) and visitants (sporadic matches)
- Walking routes of people in shopping malls and average time in each area
Vehicle Traffic Monitoring
Understand traffic flow, detect congestion points to optimize access to cities, airports or attractions using Meshlium Xtreme Scanner AP.
The Vehicle Traffic Monitoring is also another important application as understanding the flow and congestion of
vehicular traffic is essential for efficient road systems in cities. Smooth vehicle flows reduce journey times,
reduce emissions and save energy.
Similarly, the efficient flow of pedestrians in an airport, stadium or shopping center saves time and can make the
difference between a good and a bad visit. Monitoring traffic - whether road vehicles or people - is useful for
operators of roads, attractions and transport hubs.
Applications for Vehicle Traffic Monitoring;
- Monitor in real time the number of vehicles passing for a certain point in highways and roads
- Detect average time of vehicle stance for traffic congestion prevention
- Monitor average speed of vehicles in highways and roads
- Provide travel times on alternate routes when congestion is detected
The monitoring system can also be used to calculate the average speed of the vehicles which transit over a roadway
by taking the time mark at two different points.
|Information monitored by a WiFi Scanner
|Information monitored by a Bluetooth Scanner
- Meshlium Scanner AP
- Meshlium Scanner 3G/GPRS-AP
- Meshlium Scanner RF-AP
Find out more about the Meshlium Xtreme Scanner and its applications.